Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Pot of Gold...the Leprechauns can Keep it!

Here's a pot of gold that I'd rather skip.
http://www.ontariocorn.org/classroom/potgold.html

But it does give a good picture of what we're up against. Those of us who are uncorny by choice, or necessity. Can it really be safe to depend on one crop for such a diversity of things? Sure, it's great that we *can* use it for a variety of options. But really, there needs to be a variety of sources. And they need to be disclosed.

No wonder the dietician took a look at my list, and told me to give up. Some days I'm tempted, but I have 2 amazing kids to raise. And I just can't do it from bed, nor do I want anyone else doing it. There's already too much that I forgo for the sake of the damage corn and gluten have wreaked on my body.

"Life is Like a Box of Chocolates". Full of corn.

Luckily, I'm selective with my chocolates. :P

1 comment:

Marty said...

It is so daunting! It's like navigating your way through a minefield. Everything you pick up in the grocery store has corn in some form or other. I've joined my local food co-op and if I have to eat out I try to eat there. They list the ingredients on all the food they make and they are wonderful about avoiding corn syrup, corn starch, or that poison high fructose corn syrup. Have you watched the movie, "King Corn?" I need to rent it-I hear it's a real eye-opener!